What's behind every healed patient? Critical thinking! And what book best equips you to master the critical thinking skills needed for success on the NCLEX examination and in professional nursing practice? Alfaro's Critical Thinking, Clinical Reasoning, and Clinical Judgment, 6th Edition! With a motivational style and insightful "how-to" approach, this unique textbook draws upon real-life scenarios and evidence-based strategies as it guides you in learning to think critically in clinically meaningful ways. The new edition features a more streamlined, full-color design, and expanded coverage on some of key trends, including: interdisciplinary care teams, competency-based education, the IOM&aposs Leading Health Indicators, legal considerations, the effects of the Affordable Care Act, and much more. If you want to truly succeed in nursing practice today and be thinking-oriented rather than task-oriented, then look no further than this one-of-a-kind textbook.
|Stock Status||In - Stock|
|Table Of Content||1. What are Critical Thinking, Clinical Reasoning, and Clinical Judgment?
2. Developing Critical Thinking
3. Critical Thinking and Learning Cultures: Teaching, Learning, and Taking Tests
4. Clinical Reasoning and Clinical Judgment
5. Ethical Reasoning, Evidence-Based Practice and Quality Improvement
6. Practicing Clinical Reasoning Skills: Applying the Nursing Process
7. Interpersonal, Teamwork, and Self-Management Skills
A. Example Responses
B. Concept Mapping: Getting in the "Right" State of Mind
C. Results of Two Studies Describing Critical Thinking Skills
D. Key Brain Parts Involved in Thinking
E. Patients' Rights and Responsibilities
|Format||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|
|Publish Date||7 Jan 2016|